Monday, January 17, 2005

Reading Patterns: early feedback

I've had thirty questionnaires so far (that's one an hour!). The one point that is coming up over and over again is that children are choosing most of their books for themselves from the age of eight upwards.

If you haven't filled out the questionnaire please do (the link is to the left) if you have, please pass the link on to your friends or add it to your site. All of this will only be useable if I can generate a large sample.

Thanks!
Farah

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Hi, Farah,
Interesting questionnaire. I'm afraid I mostly read adult SF even as a kid (my parents tell me I demanded access to the Big People's seciton of the library) so, despite a lifetime of SF reading I may not be much use for your questionnaire (although if you think it will help let me know and I'll fill it in - sometimes more abberant data helps).

Anyway, just to let you know I've put a link to to it on my own blog, the Woolamaloo Gazette and I'll try and get it to Sandy who is the news editor for the Alien Online which I contribute too. I've passed it on to the regulars in the SF Book Group I set up as well. We've covered a couple of writers who write for adults and children so it may interest them.

Cheers,
Joe Gordon

5:45 AM  
Blogger Farah said...

Thanks Joe!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Farah said...

Actually, that should read "thanks Joe and pleasse *do* fill in the questionnaire. You aren't anomalous at all, and you help to support some of my arguments.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home